Monday 27 June 2016

Today's Review: Monster Punch


It's another Monster flavour. Sadly, it's not sugar free like the last few that came out (that were actually very good), but it's an interesting one. They've gone for a fruit punch, a mixture of fruits instead of just one or two. Also, although the bottom of the can technically says "punch + energy", I more like to think this is supposed to provide energy to punch things with. I know Relentless recently came out with a punch flavour too, but I was aware of this one first, and finally found it in Asda after searching high and low for it. This can contains some real fruit juice, including apple and cherry,but does that provide the flavour that is needs?

It took me a good few sips to figure out what this drink reminded me of, but it hit me in the end. It tastes pretty much like a fruit punch Snapple, and that's not a bad thing at all. It is perhaps a little too sweet, but it's a great mixture of dark, bold fruit flavours, and while it's quite sugary and has something of a grittiness to it, it's also very refreshing. Add in the added energy you get as standard with Monster, and this can is very nice indeed. I was a little skeptical of the punch theme after trying the Relentless version, but the Monster wins out with some somewhat authentic fruit flavours. This isn't quite up to the standard of some Monster cans, but it's a good addtion to the range.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment