Tuesday 7 June 2016

Today's Review: Tesco Finest Ginger And Chilli Crisps


I reviewed a couple of new Tesco Finest crisp flavours a few days back, but it turns out I wasn't done, as I spied this bag of chilli and ginger crisps on the shelf yesterday. Yes, chilli and ginger, the promise of a spicy extravaganza. I love chilli, and I've grown to love ginger too, so this sounded like a fantastic bag to me.

These are spicy, there's no doubt about it, not as spicy as I'd have thought, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. As much as I like my head to be blown off, I can also appreciate a mellower heat, and this bag provides a consistent spice that let the flavours come through. These mainly taste like chilli, but there is a slightly sweet undertone of ginger, that gives an extra kick of spice. The dash of soy sauce is a nice touch, and helps to bring all of the flavours together. They may be a little imbalanced, I think a little more ginger would have been interesting, but overall this is a tasty bag that's worth picking uip while it's around.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment