Friday 15 July 2016

Today's Review: Tex Mex Peperami


An orange pack of Peperami? I was very surprised to see this the other day, the Peperami range has remained unchanged for as long as I can remember. Well, after doing some research it turns out the last new flavour came out in 2008, but that's still a good eight years of the same classic varieties. But no longer, the tex mex flavour is here. It includes a nice selection of spices, such as paprika, cayenne pepper and cinnamon.

This is actually a pretty good idea. While I enjoy a hot Peperami, I'm sure some might find it a bit much, while I find the original to be a little bland. The tex mex seems to hit a healthy middle ground, providing a low level of spice that also possesses a slight smokiness. The flavours could perhaps be a little more pronounced, this is quite a mish-mash of different herbs and spices, but the overall result is pretty good. I'd say I enjoy this more than the normal Peperami, as I find that one pretty bland. A very tasty addition to the range.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment