Saturday 22 July 2017

Today's Review: VIP Nuts Hot Toffee


There are a few interesting items lining the world food aisle at Asda, most of them originating from far off countries. This one is a little out of place then, having entirely English packaging, and from a company that originated in London. Still, it's still a pretty out there snack, these are caramelised peanuts with a hint of chilli. Hot toffee, see? I'm all for a spicy peanut, but I was interested to see what the toffee element would bring to the table.

These are pretty hot peanuts. I'm used to being underwhelmed by the amount of spice put into snacks nowadays, but these pack a pretty decent punch. They won't blow your head off by any means, but I was pleasantly surprised. The caramel is done well too, a nice crunchy coating that provides a lovely sweetness which takes the edge off the spice. They're equally spicy and sweet, and it's an interesting attempt at flavour combination that works very well. Some damn good peanuts, I'll be sure to pick some more up next time I'm perusing this aisle.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment