Tuesday 2 September 2014

Today's Review: Candy Land Chewy Sour Raspberry Bonbons



Candy Land have a lot of good sweets under their belt, so I was surprised to see that their attempt at blue raspberry bonbons was "new". I love a good bonbon, and these promised sourness to boot, so I didn't hesitate grabbing this bag.

Unfortunately, these bonbons aren't very sour at all. Sure, there was a slight twinge on my tongue when I first popped them in, but that soon faded. Fortunately it was taken over with a lovely, bold blue raspberry flavour, a chewy (but not too chewy) texture, all rounded off with the classic dusty bonbon coating. Certainly blue raspberry, certainly nice, but without the sour element they just can't get full makes from me. Worth picking up if you find a bag though.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment