Tuesday 15 December 2015

Today's Review: Shokata Fanta



Well, that's a blue bottle of Fanta. That may have been your first thought, it was definitely mine. Upon closer inspection I found it was named Shokata Fanta, and looking at the shelf label I helpfully informed me that it was blue Fanta. But the back of the bottle gave up all the info, it's lemon and elderflower flavour. Now, I'm not a massive fan of elderflower, and I already know of a perfectly good lemon Fanta, but I figured I'd give this a go.

I don't know if it's the colour of the bottle messing with my brain, but this did taste like blue. The lemon is definitely present, a nice tangy flavour that immediately comes to the front. The elderflower is pretty authentic too, a lovely sweet taste that emerges afterwards and blends together into something quite sweet, and somewhat sour. Unfortunately the flavours fight it out a little too much, and the sweet wins out slightly, making something of a flatter overall flavour than I was expecting. Still, it's a tasty drink, and one you certainly won't miss if you come across it. Pick one up if you fancy a Fanta that's a little bit different.

My rating: 4/5

6 comments:

  1. Great post, your blog is always interesting!

    I'm really intrigued by this. If you don't mind me asking, where did you pick this up from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it in an ethnic supermarket in Kentish Town. Unfortunately I'm not sure where else you could find it.

      Delete
    2. can you be more specific where?

      Delete
    3. I saw this because I was curious of the flavour as I had bought it because I was curious. I found it at a corner shop in Dagenham.

      Delete
  2. i find it in loads of corner shops in islington

    ReplyDelete