Saturday 15 April 2017

Today's Review: Cornetto Honeycomb Crunch


Spring is here, and the ice creams are coming out in force. Here's a new Cornetto variety, featuring honeycomb ice cream, with a caramel sauce core, and topped with a chocolate disc.


I'm glad to see the return of the disc, it's a recent addition to the Cornetto that I very much approve it. It's a nice thick chunk of chocolate, embedded with crunchy sugar pieces, and in this variety, despite the disc not being honeycomb flavoured itself, it does work well in conjunction with the ice cream to give the impression of some crunchy honeycomb. The ice cream itself is smooth and creamy, with a nice honey flavour that's sweet, but not too sickly, it's pretty good. I can't say I noticed the caramel core all that much, it's lost somewhat in the ice cream, but I can't say I missed it too much. All of that wrapped up in that classic Cornetto cone, and all in all this is a pretty good offering. A very decent, honeycomb flavoured cone, with a satisfying crunch. Definitely worth a try.

My rating: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment