Saturday 1 April 2017

Today's Review: Maoam Crazy Roxx


I found this interesting bag of Maoam in Amsterdam, but it turns out they're now available over here as well, as I saw them in Tesco earlier. These are Crazy Roxx, an interesting assortment of differently shaped and sized fruity rocks. They come in five flavours, such as "apple alarm" and "sexy strawberry", Crazy names, right? Well, these are crazy roxx. That double "x" combo is also pretty edgy.

I wonder how these came to be a thing. From the random shapes and sizes, it seems like they're deformed, rejected Pinballs, but there's a distinct lack of cola, and the addition of a blue raspberry, so I guess these are a new creation. They're pretty good, they do lack that tanginess that Pinballs have, but the texture is the same. The variety of sizes is interesting, they go from tiny pieces to massive chunks, and getting through the bigger ones can result in an achey jaw. But the fruit flavours are bold and authentic enough, the blue raspberry in particular is really good. This is a great addition to the Maoam range, and I'm glad I can get hold of them over here too.

My rating: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. Hey nice review. Came here because the variety in size and deformed look made me curious if this things are just the waste of their production reused.

    ReplyDelete