Monday 23 November 2015

Today's Review: J2O Glitter Berry Bon Bons


I reviewed J2O Bon Bons the other day, but I failed to mention that I picked up this variety at the same time. Yes, despite this being the first time I'd seen or heard of J2O Bon Bons, they've already managed to churn out a limited edition in the form of these Glitter Berry sweets. Now, I've tried the Glitter Berry drink, and while it's certainly festive looking I didn't get along with it. The juice isn't all that refreshing, and the glitter in the drink is a pretty but inconvenient addition. With these bon bons, however, there's not a bit of glitter in sight, so I figured I'd get along better with them.

Unlike the regular J2O Bon Bons, these only come with one flavour, but it is grape, cherry and spice, so it's a good one. I like the darker, bolder flavours, and this one is pulled off very well. The bon bons are very juicy, and both fruits are certainly noticeable and work well in tandem, I definitely find these more refreshing than the beverage. I wasn't sure what I'd think about the spice, I've never had a spicy bon bon before, but that's well executed as well. It's a very subtle taste, but a mellow, cinnamon like heat that lies underneath the fruity flavours and provides a bit of extra warmth. I can't really fault these bon bons, they're tasty, chewy and festive to boot. Well worth picking up while they're around.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment