Friday 13 November 2015

Today's Review: Simply Doughnuts Apple & Raspberry Mini Bites


I spotted this little pot of doughnuts at the bakery of Tesco Express, and figured they were worth a go. They're more the size of doughnut holes, but they're filled with Duerr's jam. I've had apple doughnuts, I've had raspberry doughnut, but not the two together, so I was interested to see how these would turn out.

These mini bites are certainly quite small, but that's alright, because you can easily fit a whole one in your mouth. The first thing I noticed is that they're pretty powdery, I like sugar as much as the next guy, but there's a little too much smothered on these. As for the dough, it's pretty average. Certainly sweet, but quite stodgy, and the jam inside is pretty unevenly spread. Some had too much, others not enough, and the quality of the jam isn't all that either. It's fruity, sure, but it can't seem to make up its mind which fruit it taste like. I got hints of both apple and raspberry, but mixed together it's not particularly great. These doughnuts are a quick, sweet hit, but there's nothing particularly great about them. Not awful, but there are many better doughnuts out there.

My rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment