Wednesday 20 April 2016

Today's Review: Breakaway Caramac


With last year's Caramac buttons also came the release of a Caramac Breakaway, which I had so far been unable to find. Thankfully B&M provided the other day, and I managed to pick up a pack. There's not much I can say to describe these, they're digestive biscuits with a Caramac coating, so just caramel flavoured stuff and biscuit really. But sometimes simpler is better.

The stuff on top is great, it's Caramac, pure and simple. A bold, sweet caramel flavour with a lovely creamy texture, it's exactly the same as the classic bar, and it's a generous covering. The biscuit underneath is fairly good, although it did seem a little dense and stodgy, it didn't quite pack the crunch I'd expect from a biscuit bar. It's not a particularly bad thing, but the overall texture did seem a little off to me. It didn't stop me wolfing down the bar though, and I wouldn't turn my nose up at another. These are a great combination of two delicious snacks, a caramel biscuit delight.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment