Thursday 21 April 2016

Today's Review: Dunkin' Donuts Tutti Frutti



Dunkin' Donuts have recently released a trio of "Candy Shop" flavours, because I assume everyone would want their favourite candy shop treats sprinkled on top of a donut. I know I do. There's a peanut brittle, a rocky road, and this tutti frutti variety, which intrigued me the most. As you can see, it's a chocolate coated donut, sprinkled with fruity pieces. The combination of chocolate and fruit was a little odd, but I thought it would all come together in the end.

Sadly, it didn't. The fruity pieces are great, possessing a nice tang and bold flavours, they're satisfyingly chewy and seem right at home sprinkled on a donut. The chocolate coating isn't bad per se, but it's a very odd fit for a fruit themed donut. I'm sure they could have used a strawberry coating to greater effect, so this decision seems a bit odd. It makes what could have been a great flavour into a pretty mediocre one. The chocolate distracted my attention from the fruit pieces, and I didn't enjoy this anywhere near as much as I should have. It's a confusing concoction that just doesn't quite work.

My rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment