Sunday 24 April 2016

Today's Review: White Twix


I stumbled upon some White Twix earlier, at a boot sale of all places. I was sure I'd eaten it before, but not so sure if I'd reviewed it, and apparently my suspicions were founded, as my blog is devoid of white chocolate Twix action. So, while I may have had one of these before, I took on the task of eating another one for all you lovely people. Life is hard sometimes.

I think it's pretty clear from the wrapper what to expect from this, it's a Twix with white chocolate instead of milk chocolate. I don't believe the Mars company dabble much in the white chocolate market, so it's nice to see something like this on the odd occasion. The coating is definitely white, but I wouldn't say it's the best quality white chocolate, it's a little sickly and has a bit of a chalky texture, but it's creamy and has a nice enough flavour, so it's not all bad, an interesting change from the milk chocolate. The lighter flavour also makes the other elements more prominent, and those remain as good a quality as ever, a very sweet, gooey caramel and a satisfyingly crunchy biscuit, so all in all this is a nice little variation on a classic bar. It may not beat the original, but it's worth picking up if you can find it.

My rating: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment