Monday 18 April 2016

Today's Review: Butterkist Yoghurt Coated Popcorn


This has been out for a while now, but my local Poundland have only just started stocking this, so my long wait is over. I've been none too impressed with Butterkist's latest seasonal offerings, but I still had faith in this yoghurt coated stuff. After all, it's not an outrageous new flavour, it's just yoghurt and popcorn. What could go wrong?


The popcorn is quite generously coated, but there's still some kernel poking through, so it was apparent these weren't going to be mostly yoghurt. I was worried that there'd be some strange flavour in there that messes the whole thing up, but no, the popcorn is just a little bit sweet, and the coating just tastes like yoghurt, plain old yoghurt. Not that that's bad, in fact it's very good. The coating is sweet and creamy, and the taste is authentic and satisfying. The corn underneath is up to Butterkist's usual high standard, nice crunchy kernels that aren't overly sweet, but they don't need to be given what's on top. The balance is just right, and while yoghurt coated popcorn sounds a little bland, these are very nice and moreish, I finished the bag before I knew it. I'm glad I gave Butterkist another chance, this popcorn is delicious. Let's hope they bring out more winners like this.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment