Wednesday 4 December 2013

Today's Review: Marks & Spencer Maple Bacon Popcorn



I reviewed bacon popcorn quite a while ago, back when savoury, meaty popcorn was just a disgustingly intriguing, extremely niche market. But now supermarket shelves boast all kinds of weird and wonderful popcorn flavours, and Marks & Spencer have joined in the fun by bringing out a destive maple bacon flavour popcorn.

I certainly wasn't a fan of the all bacon popcorn that I had before, but I certainly was a fan of the maple bacon pretzels I tried a few weeks back. So should I be a fan of maple bacon popcorn? Well, kinda. Since this is maple bacon, it has a certain sweetness to it that makes it quite moreish, but at the heart of it all is the bacon flavour, which still doesn't particularly sit too well with me in a popcorn environment. It's only a small bag, and it's certainly edible, and nicely sweet, but by the end of it I wasn't particularly craving more. I think I'll stick with the fully sweet popcorn flavours, but this wasn't bad tasting for a dabble in the different and interesting.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment