Monday 16 December 2013

Today's Review: Multiple Colour Pens


Do you ever get tired of writing with the same old, single colour pen? Do you want to inject some excitement into your writing, but instead of embellishing it with long words, or employing metaphor as a veritable Shakespeare, you just want to write in a different colour? Without buying or picking up another pen? If you meet those very specific criteria, the multiple colour pen is for you.

My kids got one of these pens each in a part bag yesterday, and I must say it's been a while since I've seen one. My parents used to have the good old blue pen with the six or so colours, but this one has a total of ten. Ten! I didn't even know there were that many colours. Just kidding, I've seen all those computer ads boasting about how many millions of colours they can display. Though I've never seen them provide a list...

I digress, again. These colour changing pens are pretty awesome. So many people just write in blues and blacks, it's become the boring old norm. I mean, sure, teachers will employ some red biro for the old corrections and "please see me"s, but when was the last time you saw anyone write in pink pen? Or green, or yellow? Actually, yellow is a stupid colour to have, how will that show up properly on anything?

Pens that offer multiple colours are so seldom used, and I think they should be more accepted. They're just as easy to operate as the average biro, and colours can easily be changed with a simple slide of the thumb. Each colour has its own separate tube, so the ink will last just as long as your average pen. The only problem I can see is due to the fact that there are so many ink tubes, the pen is a little oversized, and may feel a bit weird while writing, but it's no thicker than those giant novelty pencils we'll all probably receive as a present in our lifetimes, and people use those all the time... right?

Let's break the norm. Let's pen our letters in purple, our oratory speeches in orange, our greetings to the gardener in green. My alliteration may not be perfect, but if I wrote it in funky colours I'm sure you'd all be captivated. I want more of these multiple coloured pens in the world, because they're awesome.

My rating: 5/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment