Thursday 12 December 2013

Today's Review: Morrissons Signature Triple Belgian Chocolate Fudge Yule Log


If there's one thing I love about Christmas, it's yule log. Forget the presents, the lights, the Christmas dinner. If I can get some yule log I'm a happy man. It's strange, because yule log is basically just a chocolate swiss roll covered in more chocolate, but it just tastes so good. But now Morrissons have stepped up the yule log game, with this monstrous creation.


It may look like your average log at first, but this thing is packed. The chocolate buttercream is nice and thick, and runs nicely throughout the moist sponge. But the outside is where it gets real. It's not just the regular flakey chocolate coating, oh no. It's a layer of exquisite chocolate fudge, interspersed with crunchy chocolate flakes to give a magnificent texture. Every part of this log is amazing, its moist, soft, crunchy, and certainly chocolatey. It's not even overly sickly, which is dangerous, as I could easily imagine myself devouring a whole log in one sitting. Thankfully I've paced myself so far, but it won't last for long, because this is truly delicious.

My rating: 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment